Scott Dolfay dba S.D. Woodcraft since 1997
Registration #: SDWOO**014B5
- My niche market is as a skilled journeyman with a wide range of experience that can work alone or (having no employees) with homeowners that can do some of the less skilled work themselves but could use occasional tips from a pro on site doing the difficult work.
- From a family of Carpenters (my grandfather was the lead carpenter at Holden Village Washington on Lake Chelan).
- Began woodworking studies in high school as the teacher’s assistant. Later graduating in 1980 from Seattle Central Community College's. “Wood Construction Center” then known as “Gompers".
- From 1981 to the present Scott has volunteered to painstakingly restore and maintain Lochkelden (see: Lochkelden.org). The 1907 home of Rolland Denny; first son of Seattle founders Arthur & Mary. Rolland's life spanned Seattle as a single log cabin to a city of 400 thousand.
Type of Work
- Was taught “solid surface” fabrication (such as Corian) in Surry B.C. Canada. Fabricating butcher block and plastic laminate counters as well.
- Having been certified through FEMA’s “Project Impact” your remodeled area can meet earthquake standards.
- Able to design / modify materials to create unique custom work (see above example).
- Small concrete pours and paver work for patios and walkways.
- Remodeling options of either wood or steel framing.
- Superb drywall skills.
- Continued professional development through: trade magazines, conventions, internet research, speaking to manufacturers and gleaning knowledge from other trade professionals.
- Working with an affinity toward architecture, aesthetics, style, function and design.